Interior design for MAMAWEST
MAMAWEST’S new hair salon
When MAMAWEST founder Sheridan Rose Shaw slid into our DM’s during one of the very first Melbourne lockdowns, it was a delightful meeting of like minds. It was quickly decided that Good Day Club would help her create the hair salon of her dreams. Given Sheridan’s bold style and purpose-led business mission, t’was – as they say – a match made in heaven.
Many a person told Sheridan that she didn’t need a fancy salon to create amazing hair. It’s not untrue, but it also misses the point and lacks understanding of why Sheridan wanted to create a stunning space, reflective of her business. As she took her home salon to the next level, signing a lease on a big shop in Maidstone, the space needed as much personality as its owner. It needed to attract the clients she wanted. It needed to be a springboard for her to bring change to the industry.
While it’s a hugely Instagramable space, that wasn’t the design’s driving force. But instead, a happy by-product of it. Sheridan wanted a space that:
- People couldn’t feel sad in
- Fostered community and connection
- Inspired the MAMAWEST team to be their best and boldest with every client
- Attract like-minded, rad customers who appreciate the team’s skill and talent and were willing to pay for that
- Organically build the salon’s profile
- Attract complementary businesses to share the space and clients.