Frequently asked questions
What is your service area?
Delivery and set-up
Do you offer delivery?
Yep. We sure do. It’s an additional cost based on your order size, location and days / times.
What time will my delivery arrive?
We provide a two hour delivery window for most orders. If you want your order to arrive at a specific time, an additional fee may be charged.
Can you set my event up?
Yes, we can. It’s included in our package for Event Design + Furniture Hire.
Cancellations + postponements
What if it rains on my wedding day? Will I get a refund?
As Alanis Morrisette would say, isn’t it ironic? No, Alanis, it’s just a pain in the ass.
Cancellations due to rain or other annoying weather fall under our regular cancellation policy.
This is actually really rare. In all the years, we’ve had ONE ceremony that didn’t go ahead because of rain. Most times, a plan B is enacted, and all is well! Moral? Get yo’self a plan B, always.
What is your cancellation policy?
- If the booking is cancelled 14 days or more before the Event Date, and the Customer booked before April 2020, the Customer will forfeit 40% of the total order value. The forfeit percentage relates to the booking fee paid at the time of booking
- If the booking is cancelled 14 days or more before the Event Date, and the Customer booked after April 2020, the Customer will forfeit 20% of the total order value. The forfeit percentage relates to the booking fee paid at the time of booking
- If you cancel within the 14 days leading up to your event, you forfeit 100% of your order
- These terms may apply to cancellation of individual items from any confirmed order at our discretion.
As part of our quoting process, we provide you an agreement which details this further.
What if I need to postpone my event?
- Your Booking Fee will be moved to your a new date on one occasion only, subject to availability of hire items and staff.
- If you require second or subsequent postponements, we will charge a re-booking fee of $250.
- If the customer wishes to postpone but doesn’t yet have a confirmed date, we will suspend Booking Fee and Hire Services for six months from request date without charge. If customer doesn’t have a confirmed date after six months, they will be charged a $250 re-booking fee, subject to availability
- The customer must accept substitutions for unavailable items, changes to delivery and collection times, and other changes as deemed necessary for Good Day Club to fulfill your event on a new date
- When postponing to a new date, check date availability with us prior to requesting a change. If the customer requests a date that cannot accommodate, it will be considered a cancellation and the Booking Fee is forfeited.
- Additional costs may be incurred outside of quoted costs. For example, delivery and collection may be recalculated to cover costs of higher labour (on Sundays + Public Holidays, CPI increases to costs if postponed a year or more from the original booked event date). If moving the date into the next calendar year, a 5% surcharge will be added to your total booking for each year it is moved into the future.
- Your payment terms may be altered in the event of a postponement as follows: final balance (60% of booked cost) will be split over two payments. Payment 1 on the original due date (two weeks prior to original event date) and Payment 2 two weeks prior to the new event date. The total costs remain that same but are paid across three payments rather than two.
- Refunds are not offered or available
In the event you want to postpone to a new date due to personal choice (rather than a government directive for example), a $250 re-booking fee applies and is payable by the Customer. Clauses 2-8 above also apply to this situation.
Is Good Day Club COVIDSafe?
To put you at ease, here are the steps we’ve taken to make sure we are COVIDSafe:
- All our staff have completed COVIDSafe training
- All our staff complete a health check before commencing each shift. They also wear masks and practice good hand hygiene throughout their shift
- All our hire items are cleaned and disinfected before they leave the warehouse and again they are returned. We also ensure that our truck and high touch areas in the warehouse are cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of each shift
- When we book a job we make sure that our staff arrive at the venue at an agreed time so that they can adhere to room capacity limits
- We’re regularly reviewing changes, rules and guidelines so that we’re on top of best practice at all times.
Caring for furniture while it is in your care
My venue has no storage. Can the furniture be left out overnight?
If you wouldn’t leave your own couch out overnight, or your favourite rug, then best not to do that to ours either.
Do I need to clean the furniture before returning?
If a substantial cleaning job is required, you may be invoiced for the work.
Wedding arches and backdrops need to be free of all flowers and additions prior to collection or a cleaning fee may be charged.